An Overview of the Capstone Project Proposal
A capstone project proposal is an important part of a course and should be submitted by students before the beginning of a semester. Upon an approval of the proposal, students are enrolled in a course and are able to follow all the necessary academic requirements.
However, if a proposal is not written and approved, graduation may be postponed until the proposal and the course are completed. Therefore, this type of work is a valid component of studies and is needed to evaluate the amount and quality of information gathered by a student, relevancy of a topic, and the scope of data. Moreover, a proposal may be used to find a Capstone Advisor.
What Is a Capstone Project Proposal?
Students are often confused by this assignment. They do not understand how this task differs from a typical research proposal and what is a capstone project proposal. Notably, this type of work incorporates features of a typical research proposal and should include:
- A brief description of a project. A description should be around 900-1500 words, typed, and correspond to the APA formatting style.
- Structure. A capstone project proposal consists of an introduction, explanation of the main issue, literature review, description of the project, and references.
- The future tense. Unlike many other academic papers that are submitted only in the present tense, a capstone proposal requires the use of the future tense.
How to Write a Capstone Project Proposal?
To complete a task successfully and know how to write a capstone project proposal, students may see the information provided below and use it as a specific, student-friendly proposal capstone project help guide. Additionally, a capstone project proposal writing service is available online and may be utilized if any questions arise.
Here is a proper capstone project proposal template:
- Introduction. This part should be short, concise, and include information about the proposed project, its importance, and a clear statement of the problem. Recommended length is one-three paragraphs that should not be more than a page.
- An overview of the problem. The specific problem, as well as goals for the project, it practical implications, and benefits should be identified. One page is a limit.
- Literature review. Discuss relevant sources, how they explain the problem of the project, main approaches, and gaps in research. The part should focus on a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed sources published within the last 10 years and be no more than 2 pages.
- An overview of the project. Describe methodology, add information about elements needed to completion the project, assess the outcome, and analyze possible barriers. The recommended length is 1 page.
- References. Include sources that are cited in the proposal.
It is important to use an approved capstone project proposal format (APA). To write the paper, use some of these examples:
- The project addresses the problem of...
- My primary goals for the project are....
- I will discuss these questions by doing ….
- I will use such methods/strategies as … to evaluate the effect pact of the project.
- Potential barriers include 1, 2, and 3, and in order to achieve the stated goals, I will ....
While a student may have many capstone project proposal ideas, it is impossible to describe all of them in the proposal due to the established page limits (3-5 pages). Therefore, a student should adhere to a capstone project proposal outline and focus on the main notions. Remember that a graduate capstone project proposal should be brief, concise, and include a specific purpose. Moreover, a proposal should give a clear understanding of a direction of the work and its implications.
Need help in writitng your essay, coursework or dissertation? MillionEssays.com can solve your problem